Middle Remote Support Center
In this section you will find all the latest downloads, compatibility notes and information that will help you use the Middle Remote.
Watch the Full Tutorial to Get Started!
Already have a Middle Remote ? Or you just want to take an in-depth look at how it's set up ?
Click on the play button below to learn how to use the Middle Things Remote
Here is the list of the camera, switchers, gimbals, and settings that you can control remotely with the APC-R and the Middle Remote.
Which Gimbals ?
The Middle Remote & APC-R can control the following gimbals :
- DJI Ronin-S*
- DJI Ronin-RS2*
- DJI Ronin-SC *
- DJI Ronin-2
*The small DJI Focus Wheel is required for Ronin-S / SC / RS2 since the APC-R connects to the CANBUS connexion port of the Focus Wheel
The DJI RSC2 is not, and will never be supported since it has no DJI Focus Wheel connector.
The DJI RS2 is the only gimbal that supports the following features : Save & Recall Position Presets, DJI Focus Motor Control. The other gimbals can still be controlled using the S-BUS port on the APC-R using the same cable, but you will not have access to these 2 features, only supported through CanBUS.
Which Switchers ?
An ATEM Switcher is not required to use the APC-R.It will only be necessary if :
- You want to use Blackmagic's ATEM Software Control to control camera settings wirelessly or through Ethernet using the APC-R
- You want to save camera presets (Iris / ISO / White Balance / Focus) in addition to gimbal presets (Pan / Tilt / Roll / Zoom)
- You want to view the current camera values (Iris / ISO / White Balance ...) in BitFocus Companion
The APC-R is compatible with the majority of Blackmagic Design ATEM Switchers. These are :
- ATEM Mini / Mini Pro / Extreme (& ISO)
- ATEM Television Studio HD
- ATEM Television Studio Pro HD
- ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K
- ATEM Production Studio 4K
- ATEM 1M/E & 2M/E Production Studio 4K
- ATEM 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K
- ATEM Constellation 8K
We strongly recommend to use a router with your ATEM. Then, the ATEM connects to your router using Ethernet, and your APC-R connects to your router using Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
Which Settings ?
When used with compatible ATEM Switchers and Cameras, the APC-R can adjust the following settings remotely through Bluetooth : iris, rec start / stop, shutter, gain (ISO), white balance, zoom (with compatible lenses), focus (with compatible lenses), pan & tilt (with compatible gimbals), contrast, saturation, hue, lift, gamma, gain, detail sharpening, false colors, status overlay, autofocus.
Important note : Tally information (Red On Air, Green Preview) is not shown on the camera, unless you connect the camera to an ATEM Mini using HDMI, or to any ATEM using the SDI Bidirectional Converter 3G.
Which Cameras ?
The APC-R can control the following Blackmagic Cameras using Bluetooth :
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K*
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro*
- Blackmagic Ursa Broadcast
- Blackmagic Ursa Broadcast G2
- Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro*
- Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro G2*
If you have an ATEM Switcher, you can also control the cameras below with Middle Control. They don't have a bluetooth chip but that can receive ATEM instructions through SDI (and our Middle Control software also sends the bluetooth control information to the ATEM).
- Blackmagic Micro Studio 4K (through SDI ATEM connection)
- Blackmagic Studio Camera 4K Pro (through SDI or HDMI ATEM connection)
- Blackmagic Studio Camera 4K Plus (through SDI or HDMI ATEM connection)
If you need to control multiple cameras, you will need to use one APC-R per camera.
* FOCUS LIMITATION : Due to the nature of the EF Lens Mount, which only transmits relative focus position of the lens motor, you cannot save the current focus value in the APC-R presets since we cannot read & record the focus status. But you can still save the zoom value in the presets with a DJI RS2 focus motor. Also, you can control the focus of the camera remotely, but only using + / - buttons in the Middle Control app or using ATEM Software. You can't map a joystick axis to the Focus value.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can't find the answer you are looking for ? Feel free to live chat with us at the bottom right of the screen or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments & Shipping
Where are you from and where do you ship ?
Our company is in France (Europe) and we ship internationally using DHL or Fedex.
What payment methods are supported ?
You can pay securely using your credit card (Stripe) , Paypal, Wire Transfer, or through Apple Pay.
Can I cancel my pre-order ?
Yes! Anytime, just send us an email, and as long as it's not shipped we'll cancel it and refund the full amount.
Can I cancel my order ?
- -If it's not shipped yet : send us an email and we will cancel and refund you ASAP.
-If it is already shipped : send us an email and we will give you return instructions : you can send it back within 30 calendar days after reception. It must be in good condition, ready for resale. Then we will refund you with the full amount paid. You only have to pay for return shipping.
Will I have to pay customs taxes and duties ?
Orders are shipped from our warehouse in Europe. International orders may be subject to customs duties, taxes, and fees required for the shipment’s entry into the destination country.
Customs, duties and taxes vary from country to country and are out of our control. Import taxes are not included in the cost of shipping or handling your order.
Which softwares are required to use the Middle Remote ?
How do I connect the remote to the laptop ?
There is a single USB-C connector at the back of the remote, that has to be connected to your computer USB-C port.
Do we have to keep Glue and Middle Control running to use the remote?
At this stage yes, both softwares have to be running all the time. You can for instance run those two softwares on the laptop that is used for Blackmagic ATEM Software Control.
Do you have a reseller program ?
Contact us at email@example.com, and we'll get back to you shortly.
Where can I buy the Middle Remote ?
You can either purchase on our website or through our authorized resellers .
Do you have resellers / distributors ?
Please check out the reseller map at middlethings.co/resellers
iOS iPhone app
In order to pair the APC-R to your BMPCC,you have to use the Middle Setup iOS app on the Apple App Store here or by scanning the QR Code below.